The Visual Product Configurator Custom Text Addon allows the customer to add a custom textfield, with a custom color and font, to the preview area of the product customization. The text value of the field is usually sent with the order of the customized product.
- WordPress (minimum version: 3.6)
- Woocommerce (minimum version: 2.4)
- Woocommerce Visual Product Configurator (minimum version: 2.3.8)
- Download the add-on from our site.
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel and click on Plugins > Add New to access the plugins installation screen.
- Then click on the upload link to access the plugin upload page.
- Click on the Choose file button and select the plugin installable zip archive (most likely named “visual-product-configurator-custom-text -addon.zip”) you downloaded in the first step.
- Click on the “Install Now” button to run the installation.
- Once the plugin is successfully installed, please click on the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
In order to use, “Text field” feature, you have to do the following:
- Go to “add fonts” under the “product builder” menu in the WordPress Admin Panel.
- Add all the fonts of your choice.
- Then go to “add colors” define all the colors of your choice.
- Next go to “Configurations” and click on “add component” to create your custom text option.
- Choose “simple textfield” as your component behavior option.
- Next click on “Manage options” and define the price and the text positions.
- Finally go to “Settings” and select whether or not to display the custom font or color on the configurator page.
- Save your configuration.