Before you start using the WooCommerce Product Designer plugin, you need to setup some options first.
Let’s start by creating the page where products will be customized.
- Click on menu Pages > Add New.
- Enter your page title and then click on publish.
- Repeat the process to create the Templates page.
Note: This page is very important and compulsory. Instead of creating a page, you can choose to use an existing page to be set as the designer page. Make sure you don’t choose any of the default pages, especially the ones created by WooCommerce.
- Click on the menu WPD > Settings to access the designer settings.
- Select the pages you’ve created in the first step of the basic configuration.
Design Page: This is the page where the product editor is located.
Note: This page is compulsory. It is where all designs are created. Without this page, the designer tool can not be displayed.
Templates Page: This is the page where the products templates will be displayed. This setting can be overwritten per product.
Note: Use the shortcode [wpd-templates] where you want the templates to show up in the templates page.